Transition Readiness Program (TRP) provides career and job search assistance, occupational guidance, and transition guidance information to separating and retiring service members and their families. We provide assistance with resume and federal application preparation, interview skills, and a career resource center for career research and professional development. Click here to see the 2018 TRS Schedule.Click Here For Information About Our Workshops
TRP facilitates the Transition Readiness Seminars (TRS), which are mandatory before separating or retiring from the military. Service members must contact their Career Planner, Unit Transition Counselor (UTC) or Command Career Counselor to enroll in the mandatory TRS.
Click on each step below to guide you through the transition process.
- Prepare for the mandatory, 5-day Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS)
- The following pre-work is required to be completed before you can register for a seminar (view Prework Checklist & Prework Instructions)
**If you are accessing this site from a .mil computer, please right-click on the links below and select “copy link address” or “copy shortcut” and then open a new tab in your browser and paste it into your browser URL window.**
- Bring your completed pre-work to your scheduled Pre-Separation and budget class
- Call the Transition Readiness Office to schedule an appointment to complete a budget at 808-257-7790. A completed budget, approved by a Personal Financial Management Program Advisor, is REQUIRED before you can enter TRS on Monday morning.
- Mon-Fri Bldg 279 – 2nd Deck (unless assigned otherwise)
CHECK IN ON MONDAY MORNING IS AT 0630
- In Classroom VA and DOL Employment workshops and Transition specific info
- Overview of additional tracks: Education, Career Technical, Entrepreneurial
- TAD for the week – 100% in class – NO outside appointments or being pulled away
- Click here to see the 2018 TRS Schedule.
- Take additional Tracks: Education, Career Technical, or Entrepreneur
- Education Track
Prepare for success in higher education at this two-day seminar. Receive information about how to select a college or university, enrollment procedures, admission requirements, and educational funding, including financial aid and scholarships.
- Career Technical Track
This two-day seminar prepares Marines and Sailors for jobs based on manual or practical activities, traditionally non-academic, and totally specific in trade, occupation, or vocational career fields. Technical training educates and/or certifies attendees in fields requiring expertise in a particular group of techniques or technology preparing the individual for employment in a certain job classification, field or industry.
- Entrepreneur Track
This two-day seminar will help Marines and Sailors make the best and most informed choices about starting, owning, and operating a small business. Participants will be provided with information and references about owning their own business, and gaining a full understanding of the requirements, responsibilities and resources needed to succeed. This workshop will provide participants with the means to decide if this career or employment option is the direction they wish to take when leaving the service.
- Education Track
- Schedule one-on-one counseling/advising session(s) with TRP/Education Staff
- Prepare ITP for your personal transition goals
- Complete resume/advising appt. with P&PD Advisors as needed
- Adjust 12-month after transition budget/attend one-on-one advising or workshop
- Apply to jobs and schools
- Print out this Capstone Checklist
- Capstones offered by appointment only. Call 257-7790 to book appointments or go to the TRP Office Bldg 219, room 1
- Bring Completed ITP per your goals (see all *** on blocks 1-3, pgs 1-14)
- Completed resume
- Completed 12 -month post-Transition Budget
- Completed MOC-Gap analysis
- If additional tracks were taken: Additional Track Career Readiness Standards
- If applicable: job offer or college acceptance letter
- Schedule with Command Career Planner for final capstone interview with the Commanding Officer or his designee.
- DD2648/eForm is signed during this interview by Commanding Officer or designee.
- Print completed DD2648/eForm from DoDTap website
- Take to IPAC
- Receive DD214