Marine & Family Programs is a community-based division of MCCS that supports the individual Marine and Sailor and their families. With a knowledgeable, well-trained and experienced staff of social workers, educators and specialists, Marine & Family Programs has something for everyone from employment aid and education to counseling and childcare.
The services provided by Marine and Family Programs are organized under one of four branches: Family Readiness, Family Care, Personal and Professional Development and Behavioral Health. For more information about each area, please browse through the drop-down section on the tab above.
March 21, 0800-1630
Join us for this fun and interactive mock deployment exercise for children 7-13 years of age. They will have the opportunity to learn coping skills so they can thrive during deployment. Lunch and snacks will be provided. Limited to 150 children. Sign up by March 14 by calling 257-2650/2410.
Behavioral Health Open House
March 27, 2:00 – 5:30 PM, C.A.A.R.E. Center (Bldg 216)
Enjoy Family activities (bounce house, arts and crafts, music). We will have free educational workshops on site: stress reduction, parenting tips, alcohol and drug education. Want to learn about our counseling services? Have question you have always wanted to ask a counselor? Now’s your chance. ..Free counseling consultations available.
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
- Community Counseling Program (CCP)
- New Parent Support Program (NPSP)
- Substance Abuse Counseling Center (SACC)
- Sexual Assault and Prevention and Response (SAPR)
- Military Family and Life Consultants (MFLC)
April 5, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Kūlia Youth Center
Celebrate spring with us! Join us for Easter egg hunt, Creatures of Hawaii, The Bird Guy, arts & crafts, bubble play zone, green thumb craft project, photo spot, games, costumed mascots rides & inflatables. The event is free and registration is not necessary. See this Spring Fair 2014 PDF for complete details.
Are You A Victim of Sexual Assault?
You can receive assistance by calling any of the following numbers:
- Installation Victim Advocate Crisis Line: 808-216-7175 (24 Hour Hotline)
- Kapi’olani Sex Abuse Treatment Center: 808-524-7273 (24 hour hotline)
- DoD Safe Helpline, 1-877-995-5247 (24 hour hotline)
Click here for more information.
POC: Sexual Assault Prevention & Response Program Manager
Bldg 216, 808-257-7777
MCB Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay
Families Over Coming Under Stress is a resiliency-building program designed for military families and children facing the multiple challenges of combat operational stress during wartime. FOCUS is founded on leading evidence-based family intervention models for at-risk families which have demonstrated positive emotional, behavioral and adaptive outcomes over time. FOCUS was developed at the UCLA Semel Institute for Neuroscience and Human Behavior, in collaboration with the National Child Traumatic Stress Network and Children’s Hospital Boston / Harvard Medical School. 808-257-7774 FocusProject.org
Looking for Information and don’t know where to start?
Contact Information and Referral
Information and Referral can assist you in locating the service you need. Information and Referral provides a wide range of facts about services and programs available at MCBH and civilian agencies in the local community, as well as national resources.
Marine & Family Programs
Kaneohe Bay, Building #244
Marine Corps Base Hawaii 96863
Military One Source Online…Information right when you need it.
Have you visited Military One Source Online? It’s an easy-to-use, online resource that can help make your life a little better. Whether you’re new to the Web or have been surfing for quite some time, MCCS One Source Online gives you immediate access to the information you need to help you balance your work and personal life. Military One Source Online offers assistance on a variety of issues including taking care of your family, building your career, managing your money, strengthening relationships, and coping with the stress of everyday life.
The innovative features of Military One Source Online will save you time by giving you:
• “My Military One Source” Sign up and customize the site with features like “My Bookmarks” and receive e-mail notification of any new content on the site; “Direct access to locators Search for child care programs near your home or work, K-12 schools in any neighborhood, and day or overnight camps; health and wellness programs and providers from smoking cessation and weight management to massage therapy and yoga; or locate nursing homes, assisted living arrangements, and home health agencies
• Access to consultants via “E-mail a consultant” Follow a few simple steps and submit your question to a consultant via e-mail. Consultants follow-up usually within 24 hours with an answer to your question
• Financial calculators Link to interactive tools on budgeting, saving and investing, retirement planning, home buying, refinancing, loan comparisons, credit card repayment plans, car buying, etc, all from one convenient Web site.
• Free e-mail newsletter subscriptions that address a variety of life issues
• Updated information Participate or see results of the weekly polls, catch up on the latest news bulletin, and enjoy Today’s Tip
• Other resources View, listen, or print an array of informative materials
To take advantage of the wealth of information and resources that Military One Source Online offers, simply log on today at the following: http://www.MilitaryOneSource.com