The Marine Corps Base Hawaii library supports the educational, recreational, and lifelong learning needs of all Service members and their families. We provide materials for circulation, space for studying and browsing, and a variety of programs designed to encourage literacy for all ages. A small branch library is available at Camp Smith. See this Library Brochure (PDF) for some commonly asked questions and additional information.
Contact us at: 808-254-7624
All events are also posted on Facebook, click this link, MCBH Library, for more information.
Our Summer Reading Program is back!
Sign up for our summer reading program to expand your imagination, learn a few things and have a little bit of fun. We will kick-off our program on June 8th, 1000-1200 at the K-Bay Base Library.
Our schedule is as follows:
- Kickoff Party: June 8, 1000-1200
- Preschool Story Time: Tuesdays at 0900
- Toddler Story Time: Thursdays at 0900
- Aloha Friday Hula Class: Fridays, 1000-1200 (no class July 5)
- Legos at the Library: June 21st, July 5, July 19, 1500-1600
- STEM: June 12, 26, July 10, 24, 1400-1500
- Teen Book Club: June 18, July 16, 1700-1800
- Karaoke: June 27, July 25, 1600-1800
- Murder Mystery Night: June 19 1700-2000
- Closing Party: July 20, 1200-1400
Click here to sign up for the Summer Reading Program. For more information visit our library or call 254-7624.
We offer several different STEM workshops at various times throughout the year. You must be age 6 or older to participate. There are two age groups so please register with the correct form. The workshops will be located in the K-Bay Base Library in building 219 on the 2nd deck. We have a limited number of seats, but if we fill up, check back with us in case we have any cancellations. Registrations open 2 weeks prior to the class date.
Creating beautiful music is not just an art–it’s also a science! Come join in the noise as you design and explore your own instrument made from household items. Time to tune up! *Base access is a requirement for participation in this program*
- Books and audiobooks
- DVDs, music CDs, and video games
- Public PCs with scanning and printing capabilities
- Copier and fax machine (available for a fee)
- Test preparation materials
- Free WiFi
- Study area
- Magazines and newspapers
- Downloadable ebooks and eaudiobooks
- Commandant’s Reading List collection
- Nooks available for circulation
- iPads available for in house use
- Access to electronic databases
- Programs for adults, young adults, and children
Enhance your creativity, learn a new skill, and make something you can use! The Base Library Makerspace is designed to give you the tools you need to create something, whether it’s technology oriented or hands-on crafting.
Technology available for use in the library: Laptops loaded with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Intuos Pen and Touch tablets, a 3D scanner, and a high quality photo scanner.
3D Printing: create a design, and library staff will print it for you. See this 3D information flyer to learn how to submit your own design to be printed in 3D!
Take it, Make it: Borrow kits designed to teach you a new skill. Visit this link for guides on how to use the kits. Kits include:
- Little Bits
- Raspberry Pi
- Makey Makey
- Squishy Circuits
You can also borrow specialty cake pans, GoPros, and coloring books with colored pencils.
Make it at the library!