Mission Statement: The Family Member Employment Assistance Program (FMEAP) advises military spouses and eligible family members to make career decisions through an informed approach. FMEAP supports the achievement of personal and professional goals through employment, education, and volunteer resources and referrals.
Vision: Connecting military spouses and family members to meaningful and prosperous career endeavors.
For quick service, click a button below.
Workshops & Events
- Spouse Transition & Readiness Seminar (S.T.A.R.S.): Spouses – if your Service member is Separating or Retiring from active duty in less than 12 months, this is for YOU!
- Ten Steps to a Federal Job®: The Federal Government is hiring! Learn about it and the hiring preferences.
- Federal Resume Writing Workshops: Learn to write an effective resume to qualify you for a federal job.
- Civilian Resume Writing Workshops: Learn to write an effective resume for the Private/Corporate sector jobs.
- Interview Skills Workshop: Learn to prepare to Ace your interview!
- Career Fair Readiness Workshop: Job Seekers – Get your hustle on! Maximize your opportunities with solid methods and practices.
- Spouse’s Networking Series: A special networking event for spouses to meet and connect with those that offer career-worthy opportunities and endeavors.
- Technical Career Training Presentation: Free-of-charge education and vocational training. Ideal for military spouses, family members, and transitioning military members ages 16 to 24 years.
Spouse’s Edition of Military Transition: Informing, educating, and preparing military spouses transitioning to civilian life.
Check out the Transition Readiness Program if your spouse is leaving active duty at the End of Active Service (EAS), Retirement or military discharge prior to EAS. Spouses are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Articles & Resources
LinkedIn Premium: Upgrade for Military Spouses during a PCS or within six months of separation from the military. https://myseco.militaryonesource.mil/portal/content/view/8256
How To Seek Reimbursement For Professional Relicensing Costs After A Move
Did you know that the Marine Corps may reimburse your family up to $500 for professional relicensing or recertification expenses you incur due to a permanent change of station (PCS) to a new state?
If your family PCS’ed to a new state, and you had to secure a license or certification to continue working in the same profession at your new duty station, you may take advantage of the Spouse Relicensing Reimbursement Program authorized by the 2018 National Defense Authorization Act.
This is great news for teachers, lawyers, nurses, dental hygienists, nail technicians and any other professionals working in a field that requires a new state license/certification after a move.
To claim your reimbursement, your Marine must go to the IPAC office with copies of the following documentation:
- PCS Orders
- Old certification/license
- New certification/license
- Paid receipt
- DD 1351-2
Reimbursement requests for relicensing/recertification fees associated with PCS orders issued after May 2019 must be submitted no later than 24 months after the issued date of the PCS orders.
To learn more about the reimbursement process and confirm your eligibility, contact your local IPAC/Admin Office.
MCCS Human Resources
Start your federal career today with MCCS! Check out the current job listings and learn about the Military Spouse Preference program.