The Transition Readiness Program will be making a number of modifications to ensure completion of training milestones, while still accounting for increased precautionary measures being set in place due to COVID-19.
The following changes are effective immediately:
The Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS) will be provided in a virtual curriculum format. We have our alternative plan in place and will continue registering Service Members, then approving the final group each week for online TRS. This will minimize a “mad rush” on virtual curriculum and keep our administrative processes as smooth as possible along with providing the flexibility to switch back to the brick and mortar classes once the COVID-19 crisis has been averted.
- All hiring events, supplemental training seminars, resume workshops, and SkillBridge information sessions are postponed.
- In-person appointments will be replaced with over-the-phone sessions. This will include Initial Counseling, Capstone Reviews, and Career Services Coaching.
- Some in-person operations will be available. Our hours have resumed to Monday-Friday 0730-1630.
Service Members attending TRS virtually should download the following course materials prior to the seminar:
- Pre-Separation Slides Part 1 | Part 2
- Managing Your Transition
- Managing Your Education
- Employment Fundamentals of Career Transition
- Military Occupational Codes Crosswalk
- VA Benefits and Services Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3
- DOL Employment Workshop
- DOL Vocational Training Workshop
If you have a scheduled phone interview, for either Capstone Review or Individual Pre-Separation Counseling, please email your completed documents to your assigned TRP Counselor prior to your appointment time. If you do not know who your counselor is call 808-257-7790.
In the Subject line please state your Last Name, First Name, Appointment Type, (ie Capstone or Pre-sep) date and time.
Jeff – Jeffrey.Esposito@usmc.mil
Tennille – Tennille.Shields@usmc.mil
Allyson – Allyson.Argyris@usmc.mil
John – John.Shiarella@usmc.mil
Hiring Our Heroes Virtual Career Fair
The virtual career summit experience begins with a selection of curated, on-demand video workshops and webinars, available for attendees between October 22 and 28. Then, on October 28, from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. HST, you are invited to attend a virtual career fair to connect directly with employers from the comfort of your home, office, smartphone or tablet. See this Hiring our Heroes flyer for more information. Visit the HOH website to register for the October 28th event.
DAV Transition Service Office is now teleworking. Due to limited support staff, the best form of communication at this time is correspondent via firstname.lastname@example.org email. The phone number is 808-433-0490.
Transition Readiness Program (TRP) provides career and job search assistance, occupational guidance, and transition guidance information to separating and retiring service members and their families. We provide assistance with resume and federal application preparation, interview skills, and a career resource center for career research and professional development. Click here to see the 2020 TRS Schedule.
Know what workshop you’re signing up for already? Click here to go directly to the workshop registration form.Click Here For Information About Our Workshops
TRP facilitates the Transition Readiness Seminars (TRS), which are mandatory before separating or retiring from the military. Service members must contact their Career Planner, Unit Transition Counselor (UTC) or Command Career Counselor to enroll in the mandatory TRS.
TRANSITION ALERT: The Marine Corps Transition Process Will Now Start Earlier
Marines will now start the transition program earlier and engage in a more robust process to ensure a smoother transition to civilian life.
The updated transition process will be more tailored to post-transition goals and begin at least one year in advance of EAS or retirement.
Separatees must start and complete the Initial Counseling and Pre-Separation Counseling process 18 to 12 months before EAS, and Retirees must do so 24 to 12 months from retirement.
TRS will still be required at 12 to no later than six months from EAS, the Capstone Review must be completed four months from EAS, and the Commander’s Verification three months from EAS.
For more information on the recent changes to the program, check out this article.
Are You 18-24 Months Out From Transition?
If you will soon be transitioning to civilian life, you can click on each step below to guide you through the process.
Click on each step below to guide you through the transition process.
- Prepare for the mandatory, 5-day Transition Readiness Seminar (TRS)
- The following pre-work is required to be completed before you can register for a seminar (view TRS Instructions & Checklist.)
**If you are accessing this site from a .mil computer, please right-click on the links below and select “copy link address” or “copy shortcut” and then open a new tab in your browser and paste it into your browser URL window.**
- Bring your completed pre-work to your scheduled Pre-Separation class.
- Mon-Fri Bldg 279 – 2nd Deck (unless assigned otherwise)
CHECK IN ON MONDAY MORNING IS AT 0630
- In Classroom VA and DOL Employment workshops and Transition specific info
- Overview of additional tracks: Education, Career Technical, Entrepreneurial
- TAD for the week – 100% in class – NO outside appointments or being pulled away
- Click here to see the 2020 TRS Schedule.
- Take additional Tracks: Education, Career Exploration & Planning, or Entrepreneur
- Education Track
Prepare for success in higher education at this two-day seminar. Receive information about how to select a college or university, enrollment procedures, admission requirements, and educational funding, including financial aid and scholarships.
- Career Exploration & Planning Track
This course will help you answer those questions by guiding you through a process of self-reflection, assessment, research and planning. The Career Assessment and Training Track will introduce you to tools and resources to help you evaluate the career options which may be best for you and how you can gain the necessary training or credentials to pursue them. Using this information, you will create a detailed plan to pursue civilian success after your military service.
- Entrepreneur Track
This two-day seminar will help Marines and Sailors make the best and most informed choices about starting, owning, and operating a small business. Participants will be provided with information and references about owning their own business, and gaining a full understanding of the requirements, responsibilities and resources needed to succeed. This workshop will provide participants with the means to decide if this career or employment option is the direction they wish to take when leaving the service.
- Education Track
- Schedule one-on-one counseling/advising session(s) with TRP/Education Staff
- Prepare ITP for your personal transition goals
- Complete resume/advising appt. with P&PD Advisors as needed
- Adjust 12-month after transition budget/attend one-on-one advising or workshop
- Apply to jobs and schools
- Print out this Capstone Checklist
- Capstones offered by appointment only. Call 257-7790 to book appointments or go to the TRP Office Bldg 219, room 1
- Bring Completed ITP per your goals (see all *** on blocks 1-3, pgs 1-14)
- Completed resume
- Completed 12 -month post-Transition Budget
- Completed MOC-Gap analysis
- If additional tracks were taken: Additional Track Career Readiness Standards
- If applicable: job offer or college acceptance letter
- Schedule with Command Career Planner for final capstone interview with the Commanding Officer or his designee.
- DD2648/eForm is signed during this interview by Commanding Officer or designee.
- Print completed DD2648/eForm from DoDTap website
- Take to IPAC
- Receive DD214