The library is open. Come on in!
- Mon-Fri, 0900-1600
- Walk-in service available for active duty and dependents
- Public computer use and printing available
- Capacity limit: 25, masks required, social distance
- Reserve items ahead of time over the phone and online
- Phone: 808-254-7624
Customers may also reserve things ahead of time using our online catalog.
You can also sign up for our FALL READING PROGRAM HERE.
The Marine Corps Base Hawaii library supports the educational, recreational, and lifelong learning needs of all Service members and their families. We provide materials for circulation, space for studying and browsing, and a variety of programs designed to encourage literacy for all ages.
Contact us at: 808-254-7624
Need help with school work? Take advantage of online tutoring help and some of these great free digital resources that will help your child stay engaged during distance learning.
Make sure to follow us on Facebook to learn about virtual events and the latest resources to become available through our online catalog. Tune in to catch Auntie Rowena’s Virtual Story Time every Tuesday and Thursday!
- Books and audiobooks
- DVDs, music CDs, and video games
- Public PCs with scanning and printing capabilities
- Copier and fax machine (available for a fee)
- Test preparation materials
- Free WiFi
- Study area
- Magazines and newspapers
- Downloadable ebooks and eaudiobooks
- Commandant’s Reading List collection
- Nooks available for circulation
- iPads available for in house use
- Access to electronic databases
- Programs for adults, young adults, and children
Enhance your creativity, learn a new skill, and make something you can use! The Base Library Makerspace is designed to give you the tools you need to create something, whether it’s technology oriented or hands-on crafting.
Technology available for use in the library: Laptops loaded with the Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Intuos Pen and Touch tablets, a 3D scanner, and a high quality photo scanner.
3D Printing: create a design, and library staff will print it for you. See this 3D information flyer to learn how to submit your own design to be printed in 3D!
Take it, Make it: Borrow kits designed to teach you a new skill. Visit this link for guides on how to use the kits. Kits include:
- Little Bits
- Raspberry Pi
- Makey Makey
- Squishy Circuits
You can also borrow specialty cake pans, GoPros, and coloring books with colored pencils.
Make it at the library!