What is a Family Child Care Program?
Family Child Care (FCC) programs provide child care in housing owned or leased by the government and under the control of the installation commander. FCC Providers are private contractors certified and monitored by the command.
Interested in Becoming a Certified Family Child Care Provider?
The FCC Program trains and certifies military dependents (18yrs. or older) to provide child care within their base quarters. FCC Providers offer flexible child care hours along with small, intimate environments for children’s early development. The FCC Program holds DoD certification and participates in the USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program. See these PDFs for additional information: FCC Pamphlet / FCC Flyer
How do I get started?
- Complete a new provider application and background checks (FCC Application). Upon completion, please turn in the application to the FCC office.
- Successfully complete a 40-hour week training session.
- Pass initial inspections performed by subject matter experts from Base Safety, Federal Fire Dept., Navy Meds Health and Sanitation Branch, and Family Child Care program.
- Be willing to participate in on-going training to ensure quality care to children.
- Participate in on-going monthly evening training.
Did you Know?
Homes shall be certified by the command if care is provided on a regular basis for more than 10 “child care hours” per week. (e.g. a Resident caring for two children for five hours is providing 10 hours of child care). Any home providing care for children outside the parameters of this definition, that is not certified will be considered unauthorized. Enforcement of unauthorized care shall be in accordance with the Housing Office rules and regulations. Refer to page 6 in your Resident handbook for more information.
If you are interested in becoming a Family Child Care Provider, please print and complete a provider application along with background check forms. Your application may be turned into the Resource and Referral office at bldg. 5082, Lawrence Rd. If you have questions, please contact Family Child Care at 808-257-7430.