The Mokapu Peninsula, one of the most aesthetic places on Oahu in terms of natural beauty, is steeped in Hawaiian tradition. Its very name, “Mokapu,” means “Sacred Lands.” Ancient Hawaiians lived on Mokapu Peninsula from 1400-1700 A.D. and the sand dunes under Holes 13, 14, and 15 are an ancient burial ground that is listed in the National Register of Historic Places. The first nine holes were constructed in 1952. As part of the Marine Corps Air Station, Kaneohe Bay, construction began on a second nine holes and was completed in 1957.
Click on the map to the right to see a larger view of the course layout.
Click on an image below to see a photo gallery of each hole.