Hawaii Department of Education
- SLP Quick Reference Guide for Enrollment/Registration Requirements
- The enrollment process cannot be initiated until arrival; however, a few requirements can be done ahead of time. Please be sure to hand carry all of this documentation with you!
- For State of Hawaii Department of Education Registration Requirements web page, please visit: State of Hawaii DOE
- A Hawaii Department of Education Student Health Record is required for enrollment. By the first day of school, all students entering school in Hawaii for the first time must have:
- Tuberculosis (TB) clearance, AND
- A completed student health record that includes: Student’s Health Record (Form 14)
- A physical examination
- All required immunizations
*OR, a signed statement or a medical appointment card from your child’s doctor that verifies that your child is in the process of completing missing immunizations or the physical examination.
Completing all health requirements prior to moving from your current location is highly encouraged. The Hawaii State Health Record can be printed a given to the clinic or doctor’s office where you currently reside. Ask the clinic/physician to record information about physicals and TB tests on to the PDF form. Prior immunization records may be attached to the PDF. The dates of the physical and TB test must be within one year at the time of registration.
- SLP Checklist for Transferring Schools
- Families currently in Hawaii may contact the Kaneohe Bay Branch Health Clinic to complete the health requirements.
- Information regarding the Interstate Compact on Educational Opportunities for Military Children: Education Opportunities for Military Children
- HI DOE link to information for Military Families: Hawaii Public Schools Website
- HI DOE Link for High School Graduation Requirements: Graduation Requirements Information
- HI DOE Link for Kindergarten Information: Kindergarten Information
- HI DOE Link for Special Education Information: Special Education Information
- What school will your child attend? Hawaii’s DOE has a tool for families that identifies the school associated with your address. The School Site Locator is found at: School Site Finder
- Click on the Davis Demographics Mapping Tool: District Mapping Tool
Be sure to enter in the full address: House # Street Name, City, State and Zip
- Federal Impact Aid Card – Unit Address Information: MCB Hawaii Unit Addresses
Homeschooling in Hawaii