Aloha and Welcome to Marine Corps Base Hawaii’s School Liaison Webpage. We are here to support and facilitate school transitions for Marine Corps families with school age children. We provide current information on educational services to help our families make the best educational decisions for their children. The School Liaison can help answer questions related to the Hawaii Department of Education (DOE), Private Schools, and or Home Schooling.
While school starts early every year here, Hawaii schools are not year-round (with the exception of multi-track schools). Public school students are in school the last few days of July to the end of May annually. During the year, three school breaks occur at the end of each quarter:
- Fall Break: 1 week, early/mid October
- Winter Break: 2 weeks, on or about December 15
- Spring Break: 1 week, mid March
We want to ensure you have easy access to the wide variety of resources and educational services available to you as a family aboard MCB Hawaii. If you have any questions about schools for your K – 12th grade child, please feel free to contact us or stop by for a visit. We are here M-F 0800-1600 and located at MCB Hawaii, Kaneohe Bay, Youth Activities Center Bldg 6753. We look forward to meeting you!
The mission of the USMC School Liaison Program is to:
- Identify and coordinate community resources to reduce the impact of the mobile military lifestyle on military school-age children and families
- Implement predictable support services that assist children/youth with relocations, life transitions and achieving academic success
- Provide a wide range of resources that facilitate school transitions to parents, students, schools, commanders, and communities
USMC School Liaison Goals
The USMC School Liaison Program is designed to create connectivity between military parents, schools, and the Marine Corps. Our top priority is to provide parents, students, and educators timely and relevant information to enhance learning and promote academic success.